THE MAKERS AND BAKERS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Makers and Bakers Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:01 am (Los Angeles Time) on August 3, 2015 and ends at 11:59 pm (Los Angeles Time) on August 11, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). Any person who, during the Contest Period, leaves a comment at the appropriate place below the Wilton® sponsored YouTube videos explaining how he or she would use the products highlighted in such video (the “Entry Pages”) and provides their user name along with their comment on the Entry Pages will automatically be entered into the Contest. Alternatively, any person who, during the Contest Period, follows the Contest free entry form directions on the Official Free Entry Form will also be entered into the Contest. For a free entry, complete the Official Free Entry Form and mail to: The Makers and Bakers Contest Entry Form, Kin Community, 1728 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, California 90404. (Must be received by 11:59 p.m. August 11, 2015 (Los Angeles Time)). Any other attempt at entry is void. All entries must be actually received by 11:59 pm (Los Angeles Time) on August 11, 2015. One entry per person.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of August 3, 2015 are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize. Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate family members and members of their same households) of Digital Entertainment Corporation of America d/b/a Kin Community (“Sponsor”), or its parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies (collectively, “Sponsor’s Affiliates”), and employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of any advertising or promotion agencies that do business with Sponsor or Sponsor’s Affiliates are not eligible to win.
3. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Fifteen (15) entrants will be carefully selected as winners by a panel of experts based on the entrants that have the most original answers. Unless such winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or claim the prize by August 25, 2015, each winner will receive one of two (2) different prizes, which will be sent directly to winner by Sponsor. Ten (10) entrants will be given the first prize which includes the following Wilton® products: a Color Right™ Performance Color System, a Color Swirl™ 3-Color Coupler, a Decorator Preferred™ Fondant, a Ready-To-Use Gum Paste and Peacock Standard Baking Cups (the “First Prize”). Five (5) entrants will be given the second prize includes the following Boye® and Simplicity® products: a Round Loom, a Loom Hook, a Yarn Needle, Appliques and Read Heart with Love Yarn (the “Second Prize”). The retail value of the prizes are approximately $55 for the First Prize and $30 for the Second Prize. The prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included with the prizes, and each winner must abide by all such limitations and restrictions, including expiration dates. No substitutions or cash equivalents of a prize (or portion thereof) are permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute such prize (or portion thereof) with prize of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. The prizes are nontransferable. There is no cash equivalent for the prize. Each winner agrees to accept the prize ���������������������as is.” Odds of winning any prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. If a winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: Winners of the Contest will be carefully selected among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules throughout the Contest Period by a panel of experts. The selection process will be conducted on or about August 12, 2015. Winners will be notified via e-mail, using the information provided at the time of entry. If a winner cannot be reached after 72 hours, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If there is still no confirmed winner of the prize in question after such attempts have been made, that prize may go unawarded.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each winner is solely responsible for all taxes as they relate to his/her prize including applicable sales and income taxes. To the extent applicable, any forms required by the appropriate taxing authority must be completed prior to delivery of each prize, including a W-9 tax form (relates to any prize equal to or exceeding $600 in value). An IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of each prize as earned income will be issued as appropriate. Each winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) and provide valid photo identification (i.e., driver���s license, passport) before receiving his/her prize. An executed Affidavit/Release, an executed Form W-9 and a photocopy of legal documentation showing the winner’s social security number must be returned within 10 days of notification or that winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If the Affidavit/Release is not delivered in person, it must be notarized. To the extent applicable, return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering into this contest, each eligible entrant grants Sponsor and its partners, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, related companies and successors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys and agents (collectively, the ���������Sponsor Entities”) the universal, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast such winner’s name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, statements, audio and video appearances, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats, and media now known and hereafter developed, in connection with the Entry Pages, the Sponsor���s websites and social media pages, the Contest and/or any Contest-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof, including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor Entities and their successors and assigns, and all persons acting under their permission or authority or those for whom the Sponsor Entities are acting from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of any photograph or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation claims for libel or invasion of privacy or right of publicity.
I hereby acknowledge and agree that I will comply with all laws, regulations and the policies and guidelines of any applicable social media platform and that I will not create multiple accounts on any applicable social media platform for the purpose of entering this Contest.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or, as applicable, the operation of the Entry Pages or Sponsor’s websites or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any contest, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
7. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, stolen, illegible, misdirected, deleted, destroyed or altered entries; or for any mail, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, errors, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/Entry Pages use, net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or access to the Entry Pages or Sponsor’s websites, as applicable. Proof of entering information on the Entry Pages, Sponsor’s websites or of deposit into U.S. mail, as applicable, is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information.
By participating, entrants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Sponsor Entities those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers, contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Contest, all participating merchants, all social media platforms including without limitation YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Contest, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Sponsor Related Entities”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Each entrant hereby further agrees that Sponsor Related Entities are not responsible or liable for, and that such entrant will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Sponsor Related Entities harmless from and against, any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with such entrant’s participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, or such entrant�����������������������������������������������s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding.
If by reason of any error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised prizes. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
8. WINNER LISTS/RULES: The names of winners may be obtained after August 12, 2015 and before September 12, 2015 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Makers & Bakers Contest Winner, Kin Community, 1728 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, California 90404.
A copy of the Official Rules may be obtained before August 11, 2015 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Makers & Bakers Contest Official Rules, Kin Community, 1728 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, California 90404.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between such entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the City of Los Angeles, California having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof).
10. SPONSOR: Digital Entertainment Corporation of America d/b/a Kin Community, a Delaware corporation, 1728 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, California 90404. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.